1. 一旦你安全了，请拨打509-529-9922 at any time to reach a victim's advocate who can offer confidential support over the phone.
2. 尽快就医. 在事故发生后3天内进行体检对收集证据至关重要, 即使你不确定是否要报案或提出指控. 如果可能的话，在看医生之前不要洗澡、换衣服或喝水. 医生可以治疗受伤, provide emergency contraception and offer medication to prevent sexually transmitted infections. 受害者的辩护律师可以指导你完成这个过程.
Walla Walla Medical Care: St. Mary's Hospital
3. Be kind to yourself. 如果你经历过性暴力，那不是你的错. 你永远值得安全和尊重. 你可能正在经历各种各样的感受，这些都是合理的.
4. Consider making a report, but only when you're ready.
5. 通过第九条办公室寻求支持措施. Whitman College will provide temporary or permanent supportive measures and accommodations which may include no contact orders, residence modifications, academic accommodations, and other reasonably appropriate and available accommodations under the circumstances. 无论是否进行调查，第九条协调员(email@example.com)将与您一起协调这项援助.
在美国，任何人都不能, on the basis of sex, 被排除在参与之外, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Whitman College strives to provide a safe environment in which students can pursue their education free from the detrimental effects of sexual misconduct, 包括性骚扰和性侵犯吗. Therefore, 学院致力于教育学生, faculty and staff about these issues and to provide a means of recourse for those students who believe they have experienced such behavior. The College reserves the right to respond with whatever measures it deems appropriate to prevent sexual misconduct and preserve the safety and well-being of its students.
Support and Reporting Options
如果你经历过性或基于性别的骚扰, discrimination, or violence, you have options. Sexual harassment includes all forms of sexual violence and is is prohibited at Whitman College.
- 如果你想在不向学院报告的情况下进行披露, 欢迎您与大发手机登录官网的机密资源交谈. 大发手机登录官网如下所示 linked here.
- Choosing one route does not exclude other options; survivors should pursue whatever routes will be the most helpful to recovery.
强烈鼓励及时报告投诉, 因为它允许快速反应和解决被禁止或令人反感的行为. The passage of significant time between an incident and an investigation can result in memory lapses, the departure of key witnesses or other time-sensitive factors that can impair the investigation.
- Cassandre Beccai, 公平与合规总监
Memorial Building 301
- Cassandre Beccai, 公平与合规总监
Memorial Building 105
- Melissa Clearfield, Laura and Carl Peterson Chair of Social Sciences and Professor of Psychology
Hunter Conservatory 404
Hunter Building 406
Welty Student Health & Counseling Center
Reid Campus Center 233
Role of the Title IX Coordinator
The Title IX Coordinator will coordinate the College’s response to reports of sexual misconduct. This includes:
- Making information about sexual misconduct and related services available to students in print and via the website
- Recommend necessary remedial short-term actions to provide appropriate support and safety. 这将包括为申请安全住房提供便利, negotiating academic accommodations and providing referrals to on and off-campus resources
- Assist students who choose to report an incident of sexual misconduct to the Walla Walla Police Department or other law enforcement agencies
See the complete Grievance Policy 有关调查及裁决程序的详情, council organization, and the appeal process.
The Title IX Deputy Coordinators work closely with the Title IX Coordinator on the intake of new matters as well as the provision of supportive measures in some cases. 在向第九条副协调员报告之后, they will refer you to the Title IX Coordinator who will initiate one of two responses:
- Offer supportive measures
If desired by the complainant, help them file a formal complaint to trigger an informal resolution or a formal grievance process which includes an investigation and a live hearing.
Title IX Policy and Reports
- 2021-22 Annual Title IX Report
- 2019-20 Annual Title IX Report
- 2018-19 Annual Title IX Report
- 2017-18 Annual Title IX Report
- 2016-17 Annual Title IX Report
- 2015-16 Annual Title IX Report
- 2014-15 Annual Title IX Report
The 2020 Title IX Regulations that mandates the public sharing of materials used to train school and college Title IX team members. 惠特曼的第九条协调员和副协调员完成培训通过 第九条管理员协会 (ATIXA). 培训材料可在 ATIXA’s website.
Twenty Whitman Faculty and Staff completed Title IX Hearing Officer and Decision Maker Training October 5, 2020. This training was completed through the 第九条管理员协会 (ATIXA). 培训材料可在 ATIXA’s website.
Sexual Misconduct Defined
学院禁止任何形式的性行为不端. Sexual misconduct is a broad term encompassing any unwelcome behavior of a sexual nature that is committed without consent or by force, intimidation, coercion or manipulation. 性行为不端可能发生在相同或不同性别的人之间.
Sexual Harassment is defined as unwelcome verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that is sufficiently severe or persistent or pervasive such that it unreasonably interferes with, limits or deprives someone of the ability to participate in or benefit from the College’s educational programs or employment opportunities. 不受欢迎的行为可能是基于权力差异(交换条件), 制造敌对环境或报复. A single instance of sexual assault may be sufficient to constitute a hostile environment.
The list of prohibited conduct under this policy includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Unwelcome sexual advances or propositions that interfere with a student’s education or employment opportunities
- 使用电子设备或技术(例如.g., cell phone, camera, email, Internet sites or social networks) to record or transmit nudity or sexual acts without a person’s knowledge and/or permission
- Committing violence within a relationship (domestic violence or intimate partner violence)
- Excessive unwanted and persistent attention on a regular basis either with electronic devices or in person or other means (stalking)
- Intentionally observing nudity or sexual acts of another person without the person’s knowledge or permission (voyeurism)
- 不受欢迎地触摸生殖器, buttocks, 或者乳房被故意或其他不必要的触摸或抚摸
- Sexual assault, 包括不受欢迎地插入一个孔(肛门), vaginal, oral) with the penis, finger or objects
The College defines consent as a freely and affirmatively communicated willingness to participate in sexual activity, expressed by clear, unambiguous words or actions. It is the responsibility of the initiator of the sexual activity to ensure that they have the other person’s consent to engage in sexual activity. 在整个性活动过程中，所有参与方都必须表示同意. At any time, a participant can communicate that they no longer consent to continuing the activity. 使用武力永远不能获得同意, coercion, 或者是恐吓或者受害者是否有精神或身体残疾，或者 incapacitated包括吸毒或酗酒.
Students cannot assume consent because of the existence of a previous dating or sexual relationship. The use of alcohol or drugs does not diminish a student’s responsibility to obtain consent for sexual activity.